One Point Lessons are short visual presentations on a single point that sharpen job-related knowledge, easily share important information just-in-time and improve skills by communicating information about specific problems and improvements.
- Spot check forklifts, hoists, onsite permit to work – at least one/shift. Employees will see that you are engaged.
- Full Stop at stop signs and stay on walkways (no shortcuts). Employees will see that you walk the talk.
- Call out the infraction – don’t walk past it. If you don’t speak, Employees will see this as acceptance of the bad practice.
- Go to Gemba. Immediately. Don’t wait to assess when a safety abnormality is raised. If immediate action isn’t warranted, ensure the employee understands the risk and generates a SHE tag. Employees will see that you are engaged and that they have a role to play.
- Think and act GREEN: Recycle (sort) properly and turn off unused equipment. Employees take cues from their actions.