6 Elements of Process Excellence
First let’s review “what” is Process Excellence, or first three elements of the process:
- Customer Value Stream (CVS)
- processes that run flawlessly from one end to another;
- delivering value to the customer when they want to where they wanted to how they wanted with little or no waste.
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- not all problems can be predicted when designing or engineering either equipment or process, it will have flaws;
- improving CVS by proactive cross problem solving, instead of “fighting fires”;
- identify future problems that hasn’t come up yet.
- Culture and the leadership
- mindset change supported by senior leadership team;
- culture that supports root cause problem solving;
- by putting customer needs first.
Another big 3 elements are “how” Process Excellence is achieved:
- monitor and measure how we improve the CVS.
- certain behaviors and skills that we need to do RCA or problem solving effectively.
- chart which allows us to measure signal and noise in the CVS to collect the rate metrics.