It is a tool that tracks all breakdowns, analysis and countermeasures in one matrix.
What does Recurrence Matrix does do?
- Tracks forced deterioration breakdowns by week;
- Tracks when a breakdown analysis is done;
- Tracks when countermeasures are applied.
What do we need to build the matrix?
2 things are needed to build the matrix:
- Equipment hierarchy
- Breakdown data
It’s a method of organizing our 5000+ line components in a simple, manageable tree.
Ideally, the equipment hierarchy should look like this:
Breakdown Recurrence Matrix
Why do we need it?
- Inorder to set-up a Time Based Maintenance program, we need to see breakdown trends;
- It will serve as a guideline for the F-tag recurrence matrix;
- It will show us where to focus future Cleaning and Inspection Standards.
Recurrence Matrix Exercise
- In teams, sort through breakdowns and identify whether they are forced or natural deterioration breakdowns;
- Following the legend, fill out the matrix for forced deterioration breakdowns only (at this point only track whether there is a breakdown or not; ignore BD analysis and countermeasures).